106-9 Kicks Country Weekends With Barry
Saturday & Sunday
106-9 Kicks Country plays the most country for your weekend with Barry Richards.
Barry has enjoyed country music since he got started in radio as a teenager in Kentucky. He went off to school in North Carolina (Go Heels) but has called Tennessee home for over 20 years.
Barry and his wife have a son in high school and a daughter in college!
Today, Barry loves working at the Upper Cumberland's home for the most country and even plays some hillbilly music in a band with his friends and neighbors.
1. What's in your CD player or on your personal playlist right now? New country from Sunny Sweeney, Luke Bryan, Thom Shepherd and Sugarland. Classic country from Charlie Walker, Waylon & Hank(s). I've got Motown, some east coast beach music, a little bit of everything.
2. What's your favorite movie? Just name one? I guess I would have to say Star Wars. All kinds of action movies on the list, though.
3. What do you watch on T.V.? Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, ABC's Nashville, Justified.
4. Where are you most likely to be spotted around Cookeville? Goodwill, the mall, and the farmer's market when it is open.
5. What are your top three favorite foods? I love a good burger, BBQ, and pizza.
6. You're going to the movies. What are you getting at the concession stand? Usually I'm too cheap but if I splurge, popcorn and Junior Mints.
7. Do you have pets? Dogs are king at our house!
8. What made you want to work in radio? I love music and it feeds my huge ego.
9. What was your first job? Weekend radio!
10. Can you picture yourself with a different career, if so - what? Where I drop my trash off there is the guy who operates the compacter. He gets first dibs on the stuff people want to get rid of but hate to throw in the dumpster.
Phone The Studio: 526-6969