106-9 Kicks Country with Melanie Marley
106-9 Kicks Country Mornings has the most country with Gator, StyckMan and Melanie Marley!
Melanie lived in Cookeville until she was nine, then with her family moved to Jamestown where she stayed until finishing high school. It was then that Melanie moved back to Cookeville to attend Tennessee Tech, though she dreamed of one day going to MTSU.
Melanie is mom to two beautiful children that keep her on her toes. In 2011, StyckMan began to keep her on her toes too - that's when Melanie began working with StyckMan Mornings in Cookeville.
Now it's Gator & Styckman Mornings with Melanie Marley playing the most country weekday mornings on 106-9 Kicks Country!
Bet you didn't know this about Melanie...
1. What's in your CD player or on your personal playlist right now? Dave Matthews Live from Chicago & Keith Urban Greatest Hits
2. What's your favorite movie? "The Proposal," "The Shawshank Redemption," "Field of Dreams," "Hope Floats," "Crazy, Stupid Love," and yes I'm embarrassed to say, but "Twilight." I know, I picked six! I'm complicated. Haha.
3. What do you watch on T.V.? I usually don't get to watch TV because my kids take over with all things Disney, but when I do, I watch FRIENDS. I have all ten seasons on dvd...twice over.
4. Where are you most likely to be spotted around Cookeville? Walmart. I can never seem to get everything I need in one trip.
5. What are your top three favorite foods? Are Reeses Peanut Butter Cups considered a food? That's one. And tomatoes, I love tomatoes. How about SALT?? Is that considered a food? Maybe I should consider it an addiction.
6. You're going to the movies. What are you getting at the concession stand? I'm filling my yearly bucket of popcorn for only $3.50, and if it's Stimulus Tuesday, I'm getting a coke, and each of my kids a Sprite.
7. Do you have pets? Ummm, I kinda have a pet. I adopted a stranded kitten that I found on the patio at Crawdaddy's. I don't like inside pets, so I didn't plan on keeping her. I didn't name her for about a month, then my 5-year-old daughter got attached. So, I have a pet kitten name Charlie (after Good Luck Charlie on Disney).
8. What made you want to work in radio? My mom inspired me to study communications in college. Once there, I sent Gator Harrison an email telling him my interest as an intern...the rest is history.
9. What was your first job? My first job was working as a cashier at RC's Foods.
10. Can you picture yourself with a different career, if so - what? Yes. I can picture myself taking over Kelly's spot on LIVE! With Kelly. Of course, I would rename it LIVE! With Melanie.