JASON ALDEAN & LENNY KRAVITZ enter a stage elevator, at least I figured out it was Lenny when they showed him from the front... all I saw was a cowboy hat and a fro and thought Jason was doing a duet with Bob Ross the happy painter. Lenny & Jason perform “American Woman”.
At the end of the song, Jason falls through the stage onto a couch where a weird bit takes place where KRISTIN BELL is a therapist and suddenly he’s in group therapy with VINCE VAUGHN, BLAKE SHELTON, REBA MCINTIRE, LUKE BRYAN. CARRIE UNDERWOOD, DR DREW, LORRAINE BRACCO,and KELSEY GRAMMER,
· Someone needs to explain to Kristin how to say Darius
CASSADEE POPE sings “Wasting all these tears”
MIRANDA LAMBERT sings “Mamas Broken Heart”
KELLIE PICKLER AND SCOTTY MCCREERY Present the award for CMA BREAKTHROUGH VIDEO OF THE YEAR and the winner is FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE for CRIUSE
· There’ s apparently something wrong with the teleprompter... and Scotty McCreery came out and stared at the camera for about 5 seconds and said nothing
AVETT BROTHERS introduced KACEY MUSGRAVES singing “Blowin Smoke”
· I was afraid if a breeze blew through the AVETT BROTHERS would blow away
DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER and his wife Beth present the CMT performance of the year and the winner is MIRANDA LAMBERT “MAMMAS BROKEN HEART”
· If Dog the bounty hunter gets any tanner he’ll be dog jerkey
DUSTIN LYNCH Performs “Cowboys and Angels”
FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE introduces DARIUS RUCKER singing “Wagon Wheel” with Lady A
Did I just see JANA KRAMER in a lace body suit?? Did she forget to put her dress on?
KREE HARRISON singing “All Cried Out” (too bad the prompters for the CMT awards didnt know how to spell her name -Cree)
HUNTER HAYES sings “Crazy” out front of the Bridgestone arena
LUKE BRYAN performs “Crash my Party” at the Stage
TAYLOR SWIFT Performs “Red” Back inside the CMT Awards (amazing Red stage and Dress)
LARRY THE CABLE GUY presents CMT Collaborative video of the year
and the winner is Jason aldean, Luke Bryan and Eric Church “Only Way I Know”
THE BAND PERRY Introduces KEITH URBAN singing “Little bit of everything”
· Holy Crap! Never noticed how much Neil Perry looks like what would happen if Stephen Tyler had a secret love child!
· Betcha there were dirty looks when KIMBERLY PERRY & TAYLOR SWIFT passed each other backstage... they both had red dresses
MAVRICKS perform a GEORGE JONES tribute with “the Race is On”
Nashionwide insurance On your side award for best live performance isHUNTER HAYES
· Do you think he made the same speech when he got his drivers license?
JANA KRAMER & CHARLES ESTON (ABC’s Nashville) present CMT DUO VIDEO OF THE YEAR and the winner is FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE
· Something tells me she was gonna wear this dress to the Grammys but it didn’t pass code
ED SHEERAN and LISA MARIE PRESLEY introduce LADY A singing “GoodBye Town”
· When did Melissa McCarthy join Lady ANtebellum
· Wait.. Hillary Scott sang... why arent the awards over?
· Kevin Bacon and his brother looked about as amused as Kanye West at a Taylor Swift concert
RANDY HOUSER performing “How Country Feels”
LENNY CRAVITS presents CMT Female Video of The Year and the winner is Miranda Lambert “Mama’s Broken Heart”
KEITH URBAN introduces LITTLE BIG TOWN “The Chain” then gets on stage and shreds the guitar during the solo.
LOVE AND THEFT “Angel Eyes”
Bacon Brothers & Dax Shepard present CMT video group of the year and the winner is LADY ANTEBELLUM “DOWNTOWN”
JASON ALDEAN outside Performing “1994”
KRISTIN BELL introduce ASHLEY MONROE singing “Week Instead of roses”
MIRANDA LAMBERT presents the CMT male video of the year and the winner is BLAKE SHELTON “Sure Be Cool if You Did” (Blake was in L.A. filming and couldn’t make it to the show.. so Miranda stirred up all the baby rumors by saying… “I’ll take this for you baby, I’ll be drinking for two tonight” HERE WE GO AGAIN)
RASCAL FLATTS introduces CARRIE UNDERWOOD “Till I See You Again” With a choir behind her as a tribute to Oklahoma
KENNY ROGERS and SHERYL CROW come out and Sheryl gets Kenny to do a verse of “Islands In The Stream” while Taylor Swift jams out in the front row.. they then present the CMT Video of the Year… and the winner is Carrie Underwood “Blown Away”
· Carrie dedicated her award to her husband and Mike for his birthday who had a look on his face like “Buckle? I get a Buckle? Well... It aint no Stanley Cup, but OK”
FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE performing “Cruise” with Nelly